Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Joy joy

Whee… my sis asked me out with xl today… since i purposely kept the day free for her. Wanted to like… go somewhere like starbucks and try and do some work or something… but we ended up going on a gourmet tour at Nex.

1st up was Sushi Tei. I tried the negitoro don with my sis last time and it was really good… so we ordered that. Two of that. Which is a really reasonable price at $10 bucks each. The rest of the stuff in the menu were a little bit pricey for us poor students though… so we opted to go for round 2 else where… and that marked the start of our gourmet tour...

Aghs… photo stream not done loading the new pics yet… so i shall type a bit more. Don't know why, but iPhoto always turns off the enable photo stream option every time after there's been an update… so yeah i just turned it back on and...

ah yes.. the photos were in already, its just that i forgot its… feb today and i was looking at the Jan photo stream folder -.-''… how silly of me.

IMG 1797

heh… this is partly what make me like eating eggs so much recently… its really good! The tune and spring onion… and the smooth, silkiness of the tamago… <3 and at 10 bucks its quite cheap (well you have to add in all the dreaded GST and service charge though)

 

We walked around a bit and came saw MOF! My sis n xl went MOF at lot one the other day but they didn’t have the cold ramen that day (for some unknown reason), and since xl really wanted to try the cold ramen, we went for round 2! *Ting ding* (see xl i so nice, add in the sound effect for you - btw, i add me on msn leh… ask yy for my msn address)

So we ordered tonkatsu char siew ramen (again) and cold ramen… erm… the mixed seafood one… i forgot the name. This one doesn’t have the mayo and almond which i really liked though (my sis (n xl too right?) doesn’t like it tho, she doesn’t like nuts… it'll make her go nuts… maybe she is nuts hehe). Oh and upon closer inspection of the menu today, i realized the sauce used in the cold ramen is hiyashi sauce...

IMG 1800

The tasty tonkatsu char siew ramen… love both the chewy noodles, the char siew, and the soup!

IMG 1803

The cold ramen… they use the same noodles for their ramens, but when its cold, it gets extra chewy, which we like!

IMG 1810

Desert! 3 scopes of hokkaido gelato ice cream! Rock melon, green tea + red bean and cookies and cream. I liked the cookies and cream best hehe. Rock melon was interesting, there was bits of rock melon in it, but the taste wasn’t particularly memorable. Green tea (same one as we had the last time) was good - it was a little bitter and not sweet and tasted of TEA (which is good, not like those green tea which tastes more of sugar than anything else).. but i was craving for something more sweet so… and although i really love cookies n cream… this one is a lot better than the normal ones i ate elsewhere. The kind of milky/creamy taste and the sweetness… it just appealed to me i guess. They've got sesame too which i was told is really good… but since yy n xl had it last week, they didn’t get it today.

Yeah… so we happily chatted till like super late, before heading off to the popular which didn't have a single decent sketch book… than xl n my sis went off (cos *ahem* somebody got cca)… and yes… since i miraculously remembered about my dear jlf's bday (omg yes i finally remembered someone's bday ok!) i went to shop for bday presents for her...

hmm yes… it won't be a surprise anymore if i say what i shopped for yeah? so i'll leave it at that. I asked her to come my house next weekend though… since we planned to maple the next time we met. Speaking of which i haven mapled since last year… i hope my house remains CNY mode tidiness till next weekend… at least i gotta keep my room decent and… *looks around* my tables are quite messy already :X eww… xf is coming to visit this sunday too :S

 

hmm… something rather scary happened on fb… i normally post my blog posts to fb, and my mum went to like the link to the milo post. SCARY! i was like… since when does she actually DO ANYTHING on her fb? That day she did bug me for like ten thousand years about which photo to use as her display pic though… oh wells… i better get started on my work… since i practically ate my whole day away :S

EDIT: bravo… after all that trouble, she still hasn’t changed her display pic -.-'''

 

Oh and i almost forgot! This… saw this while shopping for presents and i was like omg so cute…! it looks exactly like what my sis drew in her sketch book that she just showed me last night… its freaking cute and… yay she likes it XD

IMG 1807

No comments: