Thursday, February 23, 2012

Days long forgotten

IMG 2010

That's the water bottle I'm using now… yes, the water bottle they gave us during JC1 orientation… that's like 6 years ago… seems so far and so distant. My sis sent me a youtube video of the RI(JC) IHC opening video for last year yesterday… and i started watching the rest of the related videos… amazingly i found the ultra lame video they showed us during orientation… the one about the different houses being greek mythology gods/goddesses and being banished to Z'kardia… got tons of dislikes and flames on youtube though… LOL.

But its kind of nostalgic… watching the orientation dance of the other batches and all (couldn’t find any for my batch tho, sad). Seems like in the recent years they started making really nice MVs of the orientation dances. And than there's the sun dance that's passed from one batch of OGLs to the next… i really liked watching that dance during my orientation… the dance is cute, hilarious… and really simple to follow - i did it once during the orientation… when the whole OG stayed in sch till like midnight to dance and have fun. I told myself during the orientation - when we just started doing the batch dance - that i was gonna do it properly and enjoy myself… and i did have a good time. Don't regret it, cos that was like the last time I'm ever gonna do something like that again… mass dance and all… didn’t go for uni orientation… and don't think i'll ever do something like this next time… Yeah… the batch dance… its really hard! Rather lengthy and all different moves… different moves for the girls and the boys… and they don't constantly repeat moves that kind of thing… I was talking to someone from another JC that time (when i was in J1 and we just finished orientation, it during during CNY when we were visiting my parent's sec sch friends)… and she was like 'what? you all only have one dance? so lousy! and how come you all can't remember the dance? we have like 4 or 5 (i can't remember how many) dances and everyone can remember all the moves!' Than she showed me her orientation booklet and i understood why… One dance consist of just 10 (or so) short moves (things like box step = 1 move) and the 10 moves are repeated over and over again throughout the duration of the music/song. Of course everyone can remember them. Ours? Some ridiculously hard dance (really, a dance!) with all sorts of different moves for the entire duration of the 4min? song that's impossible for normal people like myself to remember the steps to… without having my OGL there to demonstrate that is. Its like i absolutely can't remember what's coming next kind of thing. But still, the dance was really fun… I really enjoyed myself during the orientation...

Perhaps you can say that it's really stupid of my sch… to have such a difficult dance that like no one can remember… and that its better to have just a very simple dance that everyone can groove to… perhaps…? Well its not that my batch dance was difficult or anything… its just that we can't remember the steps and need someone to show/remind us - something which my lovely OGL did most of the time. We CAN do the steps, but we CAN'T remember when to do what step :X does that even mean anything? haha… still… we had fun and that was what mattered most. Granted, there were many ppl who absolutely hated it, but its really how you want to look at things… doesn’t matter whether the dance is easy or hard or stupid… as long as you tell yourself 'I'm going to enjoy this', you will.

 

Anyway back to my water bottle… started using it either last year or last last year after all my previous water bottles ended up in failure… either they got moldy or they leaked etc etc… Really like the aluminum water bottles… especially this one that's in my favorite shade of blue… XD Especially when you fill it up with cold water from the water coolers… The whole bottle will frost up almost instantly and ah… the nice cool 'ice pack'! And after leaving the bottle in the cold lecture theater (or anywhere cold) for a while, the water instead is nice and cold too XD Love it! Only thing is that every time it falls… Its gets dents… and with the stupid lose side pocket of my bag, that happens quite a lot… :X So much so that i've just taken to securing the bottle with a carabiner to my bag strap… o.o

 

Okays… I should get back to work now!

No comments: