Monday, January 30, 2012

Rainbows and Sweets… and a clean table

The day before CNY eve… i playfully skipped helping out at home and met up with my troopers instead… it started raining cats and dogs on our way back from my friend's house though… 3 traffics lights in a row were out of commission! Thankfully my friend's dad drove us to the mrt station… but even than, running from the car to the bus stop still got us quite drenched… and the bus stop was flooded! Even my socks got a little wet… :S When i reached the mrt stn at my house though, the rain subsided into a drizzle… most thankfully. As i was returning from the market with my family's dinner (and trying not to get the sizzling hot fried chicken in an open box in the plastic bag wet), i saw a beautiful rainbow just as i was about to cross the road… The immediate thing that came to my mind was 'Niji no kakera ~no rain no rainbow'. After getting rather wet in the rain, its nice to see a beautiful rainbow… so rare to see a rainbow these days imo… i still remember the very one time i saw a complete, 360degrees circular rainbow in the park. It was a super bright as sunny day so till now i still don't know why there was a rainbow. The rainbow was directly above our heads, so you really had to strain you neck to see it… and even than the sun was soooo bright that you can't look for long. The rainbow was directly in the way of the sun… and thanks to that, the rainbow couldn’t be captured on camera… :(

So anyway… the rainbow… i stood there at the traffic light like an idiot trying to take the picture (the light had turned green already). I bet the drivers were thinking i'm a werido or something. Didn’t help that somehow it couldn’t sense my forefinger on the screen so i had to use both hands to take the pic (hands full of plastic bags too)

IMG 1752

IMG 1753IMG 1754

 

Speaking of rainbows… i remember my trip to chongqing like last last year… went to this attraction where there was a manmade waterfall.. somehow a pretty rainbow formed at the waterfall… very pretty XD

IMG 4766

IMG 4767

IMG 4769

Pretty much? Took me a while to dig out this pic heh...

 

Ok, some random pics… beautiful Japanese handmade sweets… there were more but we ate them :P

IMG 1764

 

Ah this… i love this photo! My table ish soooo clean. Or rather… it was… its rather messy now again. :X

IMG 1763

The next time my table will be so clean is… next CNY? Ah yes… the 6 cheapo erasers i bought for $2.50… i use it for propping up my lappy so that it won't get too hot (and i have a fan blowing at me and my lappy too). I had a laptop USB fan cooler, but that one spoiled pretty fast… The good thing about these rubber pieces are that i can put things UNDER my laptop. Like stuff half the paper i'm reading under my lappy… without having to worry about them getting shredded by the fan. The bad thing is that… its quite hard to shift my laptop - like if my dad/sis sits on the bed and wants to look at my laptop, i can't turn it around properly w/o having to shift all the individual rubber pieces too. Sometimes the pieces will go out of place, or i'd find my lappy resting on 3 points instead of 4. Cos the pieces aren't exactly identical in size/shape, i've got to tinker around with their positions once in a while… still like it better than the fan cooler - which i threw away on CNY eve… :P

No comments: