Saturday, February 04, 2012

1.5 years

How much does 1.5 years of difference make? If you're talking about IT… it makes a HELL lot of difference.

I've got my mac and my dad's mac side by side again… and happily enjoying the benefits of Teleport… this time round i'm downloading a whole bunch of 3D modeling software by DAZ3D… who's giving away a wonderful bundle of 3 software for FREE.

I was looking at the comp stats… apart form the extra 4 GB of ram the retailer threw in during the IT show… the mac's also got double my 250GB hard disk space… and it's also running on Intel Core i5… whereas mine's Core 2 Duo… sighs… such a whole lot of difference… Considering how i always run a million programs and use up all my ram… the faster processor speed and extra 4 gb ram would indeed be very useful. Ah and the DOUBLE hard disk space… *drools*… i cleared out a bunch of files and song and now have 20+ GB of free space… well i am still in the midst of downloading those 3D software, and i did install the whole adobe photoshop + others bundle so that took up quite a bunch of space… but my hard disk space is in a rather critical state :S

Managed to identify a folder to back up later… so after that's backed up and deleted i'll get an extra 7-8GB of space… bleh… really don't know where all the space has gone to! Ok… 40gb did go to XP after all :S

 

A mere 1.5 years and so much hardware improvements even though price remains exactly the same… heck, even the OS improved from snow leopard to lion… humph… well i did enjoy my lappy throughly though, so i don't regret buying my lappy than… yes, made use of my comp so much to the point of abuse hehe...

 

Ah… just the other day i was tinkering around with the Better Touch Tool app and here's what i ended up with.

Screen capture 1

The bad thing is that some times i end up accidentally activating something… if that gets too irritating/happens too often, i'll probably add a modifier key to go with the gestures.. we'll see how it goes.

 

And yes… google is letting us customize our home screen background! I tinkered around a bit with some photos on my comp (and my brand new photoshop) and came up with this… i'm not too pleased with the results though… the picture quality isn't very good and all… but i was in school and i was supposed to be working on my fyp so i didn’t have time to do any better… hmm… maybe i shd make one with banned story instead?

Screen capture

I think this is pretty much just for show though… cos the picture takes quite a while to load and… unless i just restarted my browser, whenever i go to google its cos i have something i want to search for in mind and so i'll type in something right away. And now with the real time result thingy they have, the moment i key in something it goes over to the regular results page, so i don't even get to see the horrible picture i made as my background. Bravo… All i end up with, is an ugly looking whited out google logo :S

 

In yet more random news… i just figured out that somewhere along the many updates, iPhoto now has the ability to see all your photo albums… and you can upload your photos to any of the existing albums, even if they weren't so called… iPhoto linked albums. Of cos u can create new folders from iPhotos too. This is certainly a big improvement over last time… now it makes photo uploading and managing a breeze indeed. Its been a super duper long time since i uploaded any photos to my Facebook account so yeah… didn’t realize this…

 

okay, that's all for now!

No comments: