Monday, February 20, 2012

How do you like your music?

How do you like to listen to your music? Do you frequently make and change playlists to listen to? Do you use some online music service that auto selects songs for you (something i don't use, so i don't know much about it…)? Do you let iTunes or your choice of music player pick songs at random for you, or do you play it in some sort of order (alphabetical? by date?)

I'm a person who likes to be in control of what i listen to… so even if i use shuffle, I'd skip those songs that I'm not that fond of listening to. I'd often make playlists of just a few songs and listen to just that few songs over and over again… or better still, have just one song on repeat over and over. Like if i just downloaded a new song that 'just hits the spot' I'd listen to it (and only it) day in day out… till either i finally get sick of the song (maybe a week or 2 later?), or till i download even more new songs (than I'd probably be repeating a few songs, instead of just one).

When i get hooked on a song… its like I'd listen to just that song the entire time when I'm traveling… or if I'm out shopping… that's something that my sis absolutely can't stand… which also explains why the stats in my iTunes look like this:

2012 02 20 09 38 16 pm

heh… i really love pikanchi… at 300+ plays its my top played song… next up with 230+ plays is attack it… Attack it is a much shorter song though, so its not surprising that i listened to it so many times already… for the time i take to listen to pikanchi once, i can hear attack it 1.5x already… Evidence of how crazy i can get over a single song --> Kaze. Played over a 100 times already… and the truth is that the 1st time i heard it properly was just before CNY. I added the Time and Dream a live album at the same time, so I was busy listening to other songs like Once Again, Carry On and My Answer (which i really like too!)… those songs are great too, but kaze really was IT… i played it throughout the time i was cleaning up the house… made my spring cleaning experience much better XD

I guess what i like about pikanchi is that it's a rather angsty song? i like angsty songs XD

Normally i arrange my songs by date added though… and i'll listen to the last few songs added to iTunes… Went on a iTunes adding spree last night/this morning though… took quite a while but i've finally finished adding all arashi album songs into my iTunes library! Gotta do things like fill up the artist names and album names properly ya know..? and finding the kanji lyrics too… A huge thank you to yarukizero on live journal! I took a lot of the lyrics from there…! The rest came from jpopasia. Next up would be to fill in the remaining arashi songs that appear in their singles, but didn’t make it to the album… like most/all? of what they call the 'side b' songs? Not too sure what it means but.. i guess it's like the old days of the cassette tape where there's side A and side B… and side B would be the 'not so important' songs kind of thing? Perhaps...

I wonder how many songs arashi has released thus far o.o

Downloaded some music box versions of arashi songs too… quite cute, really love the music box versions done by yukimusicbox on youtube… a bit shrill but its fast paced and light hearted… some of the other versions i heard were kinda slow and lower pitched and made the song sound rather heavy… which defeats the purpose of me listening to a music box version. Well i guess it can be calming and stuff, but i've always been a sucker for fast music so XD

hmm… now over a 3rd of my songs are arashi's… including all that random music box versions and stuff...

ok, that's all for now…!

No comments: