Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Of skates and wheels

Hmm ok, I should give an update on the cycling trip on sat...

We only cycled for 2 hours, but i ended up getting burnt still...

Since darling wx cannot cycle, but CAN blade, we decided that me n mich will ride while she blades… since i don't feel like cycling a double and neither did much...

Unfortunately, the last time wx bladed was in pri 2. *Clap*

So she was standing still and scared in front of the bicycle/skate rental shop and the helpful mich happily bounded off to help her… which turned out to be a bad thing. Far too afraid to move… much decide that wx shall cling on to her bag while she cycles to bedok jetty… so a very hilarious (but slow) ride ensued. Now and than I'd hear a scrapping sound when dry leaves get stuck between wx's skates...

IMG 2049

We took a super long time to reach bedok jetty… upon reaching we made wx attempt to learn cycling (again)… which she did for 10mins -.-'''

(at this point… i must say, i think xl is a real genius… let's go cycling together someday!)

after that we decided to go back… xl gave up and decided to run/jog/walk back… (in slippers, yay!) and i carried her bag for her while she held on to her skates… (and gosh, i realized that carrying two bags at once while cycling is a BAD idea… cos my backpack took up all the space on my back, so wx's bag slid down to the side/front… making me burdened with two weights pulling me in diff directions :S - plus I'm not fit….)

 

after attempts to wait for her and stuff… me n mich decided to just ride ahead. at the end i just sat at bk and slowly waited for wx to arrive… and when she did… bravo! she was SKATING perfectly well! LOL. like i told her at the start - its not that she forgot how to skate, its just that she's afraid to skate… somehow her desperation made her overcome that fear… (like it was taking her forever to reach the rental place, and kids were skating by her while she was looking like an idiot CARRYING a pair of skates…)

 

I also realized while sliding down a slope that i CAN ride hands free… (but not for long)… its just that circumstances often make it hard for that to happen, like the in coming traffic… and of cos my FEAR, which i still cannot overcome. The thing is that my bike at home has thinner wheels, so that might make things a bit harder… plus i don't take my bike out for a spin often enough :S so far i've not done handsfree on my bike yet… only did it with my old bike and that was super long ago...

 

oh yes… we went for lunch after that. at ichiban boshi @parkway parade

IMG 2055

IMG 2057

IMG 2059

IMG 2061

and then we went looking for shoes after that… was quite hilarious cos mich n wx were both trying on a pair, but insisting that the other was nicer… so in the end they ended up trying wat the other was wearing… the shop assistant were having a good laugh at the two haha.

No comments: