Thursday, March 08, 2012

flats and alcohol

1st up…

Happy Birthday WX!

So i went out for dinner last night with WX, joanna, mich, wx's sis n her pro sch friend...

The night/evening started off really bad for me… when i decided that for once I'd try to be more 'lady-like' and put on a pair of flats instead of my usual sports shoes… so i put on the fairly new pair of clarks shoes i got… BAD CHOICE. esp not to wear it with that small socks thing… the last time i did the socks kept falling out every few steps so this time i thought I'd go without it. TERRIBLE MISTAKE… it was super painful… by the time i crossed the road i was thinking of going back to change my shoes… but i decided to walk on till the mrt station… and got some plasters from 7-11… but they didn’t help and when i saw the blisters on my toes on top of the rubbed off skin on the back of my feet… i decided that there was no way I'm gonna enjoy the night in those (stupid) flats… so much so for my attempt at being 'lady-like' (hey i did wear some nice clothes ok! and a necklace too! like the last time i dressed up to meet up with friends was during my sec 4 farewell dinner!)  now my feet are all aching and worst still, they have swollen! from that short 20mins walk…. zzzzzzzzzz it wasn’t even this bad the last time round - although i wore socks and i didn’t walk like quite as much? idk… grrrrrrrr. 1st: I'm too used to wearing sport shoes… 2nd: the pair of flats aren't run in yet, since I'm only wearing sports shoes 3rd: my feet are kind of big, esp the front is really broad… that makes it hard for me to buy shoes in the 1st place and provides less opportunities to wear stuff other than my sports shoes (and of cos, i really don't like wearing flats - comfort issues aside). even for my sports shoes, i wear US 9 or something. men's size. women's ones are too small for me… :X

okok, enough abt my stupid feet, back to the main thing

 

 

Went to this cuba restaurant at clark quay which has really nice ratings and a 1 for 1 happy hour thing… for meals and drinks.

I got a mexican hamburger...

 

IMG 2310IMG 2312IMG 2311

Hmm yes… hamburger with something like pita bread (erm what's it called? it’s a bit late now and my brain aint working properly) instead of the regular bun… and side of tortilla chips with sour cream. Unfortunately the beed hamburger wasn’t that good though… it was a bit too charred for my liking and very dry… and none of the beef taste that i so craved for. The pita bread was good though… i think the top slice of the bread thing was the best thing in the whole dish… i was toasted nicely, warm and fragrant when i ate it… there was like… mozzarella cheese in between that slice of thing too and that really tasted amazing! i ate the burger layer by layer top down so yeah…  by the time i got to the bottom slice it was cold and not as tasty anymore…

so yeah… we got like a cranberry vodka each… and that was… really bad. nothing like the absolute vodka i tasted at home. this one's really diluted… and the cranberry made it really sweet… like ribena. i CAN taste the alcohol, but no way you can get drunk on THAT unless you drink like 20 cups or more… and by than you'd be bursting from the water already… yeah… in other words, its really diluted, and really expensive. (thankfully the 1 for 1 made the price a little more bearable… heck its only like 10% vodka in that cup or something)

we ordered two jars (yes, really, literally, glass jars that ppl would store say… pickles in or something) of mojito and shared. i 1st heard of it when watching AnShi… and since it was a map show i only knew the drink was pronounced as 'monhitoe'… didn’t know it's spelled rather differently. but meh… the drink didn’t look anything like way i was expecting… there was a HUGE mass of mint leaves in the drink… like way too much i swear… it made the drink filled with the bitterness of mint leaves and mint leaves only… I'm sure the drink is not supposed to taste of mint only… and the bitterness… does make you feel like you are eating wild grass… its a bit like there's the taste of grass in there… like instead of 鱼腥味 we have 草腥味 (instead of the fishy taste, we get a grassy taste).

i drank a lot - i was really thirsty somehow… but i wasn’t the slightest bit affected by the nonexistent alcohol :S

price was ok though… we ended up having to pay only 27 bucks each… but only because of the 1 for 1 promotion… if not for that promotion, I'd be dead broke now… would have nearly cost me my entire week's pocket money :S eww… :X not quite worth it to go to this restaurant IMO… drinks - drinking at with the bottle of absolute vodka we got dunnoe how long ago from the duty free shop the last time we went overseas is better… food… the cajun chicken that mich had was good, but w/o the 1 for 1 its like 24 bucks… i think i can get better food elsewhere with that money...

meh… overall the didn’t change my impression of clark quay… overpriced and filled with angmos… well i've never been one for clubbing… I'm a geek remember? i prefer staying up till 5 in the morning typing on my mac or playing games :X

After that WX went 7-11 to buy a lime vodka shot or something. it was a vodka but with some kind of flavoring which i think is lime but forgot what she said… really puny bottle that costs 10 bucks :X (which i happily stole a sip of). nope, she didn’t get drunk on that either (obviously…)

ah something quite interesting happened though… some mysterious person gave WX a bouquet of flowers… i though it was joanna but she denied it… and it wasn’t anyone else in the gang… really weird…! we spent quite a bit of time afterwards trying to figure out who the mysterious person was...

 

So at the end of the night, WX was nowhere near drunk as she so desperately wanted to be...

 

hmm… ok, I'm getting really tired… time to sleep!

No comments: