Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

恭喜发财!新年快樂!万事如意!

Here's wishing everyone a good year ahead!

IMG 1730

Well… for the lack of CNY related photos… my sis took this with my phone just now

IMG 1755

The past few days were kind of torturous… considering that i really really suck at packing, and i really hate all the dust… blah :( but well… since my relatives came over for the reunion dinner just now… it really forces you to pack the house nicely and all. Dinner was quite fun, played bridge with my cousins… and mum cooked way too much food as usual. Was supposed to be the yearly BBQ thing, but after the heavy thunderstorm on Sat, we decided to just cook everything at home and forget about the BBQ - a wise choice indeed cos it rained on and on. The year of the water dragon indeed.

My feet/heels are really hurting now…! From all that standing up i guess… even though it wasn’t really THAT much. Used my right and my right arm only to clean all the glass panels/mirrors… my right arm was pretty dead last night/this morning, and i guess it'll be worst tmr since i wiped some more this morning… oh wells. I did manage to meet up with wx, sandra and michie for lunch yesterday… just in time before wx gets her double eyelid + lasik surgery and b4 sandra goes back to austria for graduate med sch… cool yeah? wx's going to graduate law ssh in the US too… whereas i'm… still completely clueless about my future… and to think that i'll graduate in a few months OMG…. right now i'm just… i just wanna do my FYP and do it as best as i can...

FYP… total of 14 weeks only… 2 weeks already gone, entering the 3rd week… my work is a bit more troublesome than belinda cos the proteins i'm working on are… a bit more troublesome… like the ones i'm working on aren't that good and i had to change protein once… hope the 2nd protein tat was picked will go alright… but i really can't tell till i do more BLASTs… right now i've got to pick 1 out of the 3 possible candidates i've got so… unlike belinda who's already gotten a gene all set and ready to go, i've got a little bit more work to do.

Met with my mentor(s) for a discussion on friday… we talked for quite long, like 3.5-4 hours or so? I've got really a huge bunch of work to do… its like he gave us more work to complete in one week than wat we had for the whole of the previous 2 weeks… i guess that's hope things will go. It'll just get harder and less slack as time goes… i'll have to do a lot of literature reviews and i've got a thesis to write after all. Hopefully the bioinformatics part goes smoothy so that we can do the PCR too.

Since i've to check if my gene is alright and  discuss with my mentor on wedn if anything goes wrong… i've got quite a lot of stuff to do b4 wedn… sighs… not easy indeed. Its not like he's forcing us to do anything, but if i don't get things checked by wedn i'll lag behind belinda, which is no good… things are just gonna pile up and snowball if i don't get it done quickly.

 

Still, i'm taking some time off to enjoy myself a bit… hastily put up this banner on banned story just now. I want to install photoshop on my comp (on that dad has bought it), but i've got to clear my hard disk 1st… the installation of the bundle of software will take like 7GB of space… but now i've only got a pathetic 15 GB free. No good at all…. blah… its an irony cos i wanted to photoshop some of the pics that's why they are still on my comp, but i don't have the space to install photoshop so……. ZZZZZZZ

ok… here's the banner

Dragon Year banner2

my friend was saying the characters look really bad… oh wells, i was just picking some red stuff that has as much CNY feel to it as possible so it ended up like this… yeah...

okays… Wishing everyone a Good Year ahead! Night night!

No comments: