Sunday, January 15, 2012

School school school

Ok, let me post a bit about school and update you on what happened since… last december?

FYP started on wedn… was supposed to meet my sup on mon but he just came back from france and decided to push the meeting back to wedn… so far so good with the work. Nothing hard for now, and my sups are really nice. I'll need to do a bunch of reading up though… still kinda lost as to how the project will proceed later on. In a sense i do miss doing lab work… but doing this computer work isn't too bad either. I get to have things nice and slack… at least for now. My mentor wants us to make a short presentation on our protein next friday. I'm all for it… really really need the presentation practice… i'll probably be presenting stuff on a casual and weekly basis from now on. Yes i hate presentations, but that's partly because i've gone sooo rusty since the days in IBN or sec ssh when i made presentations really frequently. I would like to get my presentation skills back… so i'm really glad for the mini presentations my sup is making us do. Things seems pretty slack now too, he doesn’t expect us to work fast and stuff… but i do want to get things done faster, cos i'm such a great procrastinator and slacker… like i wanted to do work this weekend but what have i done? i slept the morning away, slacked in the afternoon, and got dragged out with my parents in the evening. Tmr? (or rather today) my parents are dragging me out for breakfast with relatives… -.-'''

Don't have the access card to the office… which is a bit troublesome… but its so much better for me to go to sch rather than stay home cos… i'd actually get work done in school… and fast… and slack a lot lesser than at home. i should probably get to school on monday...

 

CNY is coming and its coming really really fast…. relatives coming over for bbq on CNY eve again… that means that i have to pack my room… which is in a terrible mess! my worksheets and notes from last sem are stacked randomly on the table (thankfully i've gone as paperless as possible! only printed out my biz law stuff cos its open book exam) my shelves are super duper dusty… etc etc… sighs….

ok some photo spam...

IMG 1509

Nanyang audi… my classmates where remarking abt how it’s the last time we'll be in that place for exams so yeah… at least…. last time for our degree...

IMG 1511

this is taken from the front of nanyang audi… hall A… i was here for some… some core paper which i happily forgot what...

IMG 1512

after my biz law paper… my small table is in wonderful condition…

IMG 1513

IMG 1514

IMG 1515

from the back of the nanyang audi, where i was seated for biz law… my last paper!

IMG 1516

the 1st time i've been in nanyang audi was for exams… other than that… i've only been in there for open hse… :S (either showing my juniors are or helping out at the booth)

IMG 1517

its cute how they plaster the glass doors/walls so that ppl can't do funny stuff like wave placards with answers for their friends taking the papers… or something.

IMG 1518

Ah… evidence of my passage through ntu… you know they always have the string to let you tie the answer booklets together if you use more than 1 answer booklet… i took the string and tied it to my pencil case… resulting in the above childish mess… so far i don't recall using a second answer booklet before… each booklet is thick enough… and we've had had a lot of mcq only exams :S (even than they still gave us a string, hurrah for my collection)

Towards the end i have having trouble tying the string onto the pencil case though… the zipper was choke full of strings already… but it’s the end now….

IMG 1519

The night scene at the bus stop nearest to SBS

IMG 1520

the night scene is quite pretty… the majestic trees standing still in the dark and quiet night… but its really quite dark, and iPhone (3gs at that) camera kinda sucks...

 

 

Ah this… was walking home together with my sis like… last week? or smthing… it was like… ard 11pm? Went to the market to buy the fresh milk that my mum has been bugging us to buy… my sis wanted to get ice cream from macs but there was a long queue… and while walking back home we saw the pretty moon… full/almost full moon… looks really pretty with all the clouds in the sky. noob phone cameras certainly can't do the majestic view of the moon justice.

IMG 1713

The way the moonlight lights up the clouds in the surrounding is very pretty. Even with the cloudy sky, the bright moon can still be seen clearly. We stood there like idiots gapping at the moon for a while...

IMG 1714

doesn’t help when the surroundings looks so quiet and peaceful...

IMG 1715

in the end, we decided to get ice cream from the 7-11 opposite my house… and we happily sat at the playground/exercise area outside and ate… while enjoying the pretty night scene...

IMG 1716

IMG 1717

IMG 1718

 

 

 

Ok… shall end off this post with the dragon statue? made from flowers i saw at orchard road earlier today…

IMG 1728

IMG 1729IMG 1730

as you can see (but may or may not know), its located outside the mandarin gallery…

 

okay, that's all for now… i shd get to sleep… gotta wake up at 8+ tmr… i bet i won't be able to wake up on time and i'll get another scolding from my parents… oh wells.

till next time!

No comments: