Saturday, January 31, 2015

Phone update...

So iOS has a new update. I didn't want to update it at first, but then I realized my phone had lesser and lesser free space, despite the more and more apps that I was deleting, and I hadn't downloaded any new apps! So I went to check the update page, apparently the phone automatically downloaded the update on it's on. Ok fine. Since you downloaded, I'll just update then... It's just a small update, shouldn't take long right? So I couldn't be bothered more and just updated the phone, without bothering to sync with my computer. The last time I synced was like 5 days ago... and some of my apps had undergone quite some changes since then. And my iCloud storage is full thanks to all the photos I took in China, so it hasn't synced to iCloud in ages. But it should be fine... it's just a small update right? Right?

As they say... things you least except to go wrong often goes wrong. Bravo. After the tiny status bar below the apple logo filled up, the phone restarted... and yay. Out comes that dreaded icon asking you to connect your phone to iTunes. Great.....

A long while later after iTunes finally started up (closed it to save a tiny bit of ram), it asked if I wanted to do a factory reset, or an update. Even after I clicked the update, it still came up with a warning that if it can't update successfully, it'll have to do a factory reset. -.-'''

Great.

So iTunes downloaded the software all over again, and unpacked it, and slowly updated my phone. Thankfully the update worked. Phew. And my phone now has over 880 MB free, compared to just 350 MB earlier. Sheesh. Now I have so much free space! Still have to quickly finish uploading all those photos to all my social media sites though, then I can delete them... that'll free up over 2 GBs of space!

No comments: