Sunday, January 25, 2015

Clean up!

It's that time of the year again. Time for spring cleaning. Chinese New Year is coming round the corner. 19th of Feb this year. Spent some time this afternoon cleaning a small portion of my room. The place where all the computer stuff are kept. Threw out whole boxes of stuff. Old routers - actually there was one brand new ethernet router, a free gift from the telco... but it's years old by now, and completely useless. So too bad, that just went out with the trash. An old keyboard too. Really old. It's not even USB. But that weird round shaped plug... And loads of really old warranties. Where the items have probably long spoiled and been tossed away already. All gone! I still have got a bunch of printer ink left. And it's like, brand new printer ink refills. And feels so wasted to throw them away. Keep thinking that I should use them in some sort of artistic endeavor but... oh wells. They'll stay for another year...? ><

One small, small part of the room cleared. Still got loads more to go sigh. But I'll leave them for another day. Next weekend I guess. Finally cleaned my fan too. The standing fan. It gets dirty so fast cos I on it all night, and all the time when I'm at home. This time I took apart the whole damn thing - the front grill, blades and back grill (ok, whatever that metal thing is called), and threw it in the shower to rinse. It was so easy to take apart. Just some knobs to unscrew. No need to dig in the storeroom for a screwdriver whatsoever. Gonna do that from now on, previously I only rinse the front grill in the shower. It beats looking for those disposable paper cloth, and then walking to and fro to wipe the blades/back grill and rinse the cloth. A lot of parts can't be reached properly and I absolutely hate the smell of wet dust on my hands. *shudders*. You know that unique smell of wet dust? It's so revolting... I always get nauseous from it! Good thing the new vacuum cleaner has a handy brush... I'm just gonna vacuum up all the dust instead of wiping. Alrights. So part 1 of spring cleaning done. Who knows how many parts there are to go lol!

No comments: