Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mushroom soup

Since I may exit the 15day limit to china, I went to apply for a chinese visa just now. Very fast, done in like 5mins, including waiting time, cos I did make an e appointment earlier. Not pleased with getting off the train for just 10mins, I wall ard the raffles xchange shopping area and will be g marks n spencer in city hall to buy body soap + conditioner.

Chanced upon the soup spoon at raffles xchange. Didn't have much in the morn and haven tried it before although I've passed by the shop a million and one times in bugis. Tried the velvety mushroom soup, regular sized, $6.80. Quite a large bowl really, and super thick, u actually need a drink to go with this thing!


Loads of mushroom chunks in the soup, and the bread is nice and soft. However, despite the abundance of mushroom chunks, the taste of the soup isn't very mushroomy. I prefer the new York new york's version. Both the mushroom soup and clam chowder there are heavenly. The staff were very polite and cheerful tho. Maybe I'll try it again if my friends want to, but I certainly wont crave for their mushroom soup.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: