Tuesday, March 24, 2015

RIP Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

A nation marks the passing of it's founder.

Mr. Lee was truly a remarkable leader. Building our tiny nation, with no natural resources into the world renown metropolitan city that it is today. From third world, to first world. In just one single generation.

All the things that I enjoy... good education, housing, multi-racial society, good public transport... infrastructure... even the broadband that I'm using to post this entry. It is highly likely, almost certain that all these would not be possible if he hadn't been at the helm of the nation.

He created a nation that fought to survive, and it's people are hardworking and always striving for the best.

I was a little surprised earlier though, when the news went to interview students from my JC because he was an alumnus... not that I didn't know, I did, we all did... but see the RI he attended was the secondary school. Not the JC... but alas now that the JC arm has merged in name with the secondary school segment, I guess it only make it right to say that I am most privileged to have him as my alumni. It's been years since the name change occurred but well... old habits die hard. It's still RJC to me, it was when I studied there, and it probably forever will be.

Singapore will be hard pressed to find another leader who is as insightful, as charismatic.

May you rest in peace.

No comments: