Monday, August 06, 2012

FYP, Convocation...

Its been so long since i posted here about school stuff...

Been slacking all along...

FYP ended successfully... despite me rushing non-stop for like two days at the end... things were really last minute... the friday before submission (mon 4pm DEADline), we were still carrying out experiments till really really late at night. With the data to be included in the written report...

At least the experiment worked out...

Things was really really drama at the end i tell you....

The last experiment we did was a pcr... after that we ran our products on a gel and took pics of the result...

Unfortunately... in my rush... i did notice that the files had a weird .1sc format... but i thought i could easily get some external program to open it...

HOWEVER... that was not the case... after trying all sorts of photo editing program... i FINALLY came upon bio-formats that is said to be able to open it... after downloading the program however... i was totally confused as it didnt seem to be doing anything at all. further searching and i finally understood that its actually a plugin for the software ImageJ....

Things was quite frustrating at the end… i was clearly behind in my report writing, and got really frustrated when my buddy kept asking me for help on the simplest of all things. Made me really really frustrated as i felt i was constantly spoon-feeding her. And its not like we're a team or anything, sure we are friends, working on similar things for our FYP, but everything is graded individually… I'm not obliged to help her and the thing is that it doesn’t feel like a fair exchange of ideas. i felt like i was the only one bringing things to the table while she was just feeding off me. It really made me doubt if she even had the ability to do anything on her own at all, though she put me wrong as she too, managed to find the bio-format and imagej software. So what was she doing all along then? Must she ask me to send her EVERY SINGLE THING? Every website, every small program i use… yeah it was really frustrating.

But its all over now. Report was really last minute tho, wrote for almost 3 days and only finished on the morning that it was due… started printing out the report at like 11+am when i had to submit it by 4pm… its like… I'd just kill myself if anything went wrong with the printer or something :X

Either way… its all over now.

Ah and poster presentation. Was crap. As in… i didn’t get a single examiner. Stood there for 2 days and no examiner. meh. it really made me sad… i was so ready to present my poster which i put a lot a lot of effort into… made the pictures look really nice and such… i wasn’t the only one who didn’t get an examiner tho...

My mentor wanted to keep my poster… so all i've left are memories and pictures. oh and the soft copy, of course. sighs… i still can't help but think about my pretty molecule alignment picture… well all credits to pymol of course… but then again many others, my friend included, didn’t know how to get a high res picture out of pymol so….

And yes… convocation is over too. Nothing much really, just going on stage to get the folder, getting the transcript with my horrible results at the back of the hall… haiz.

Pics some other day maybe… :X yes i am a procrastinator. 3 months to post about my fyp? lol!

No comments: